Cyborg Lincoln By annihilist
1. Humans have a hard time imagining post-linguistic civilization.
2. Cybernetics have a popular myth:
- a. Metal (cold, hard, sharp, dangerous, sterile, durable, unbreakable)
- b. Unfeeling (computer)
- c. Destructive/Facist (weapons oriented)
- d. Viral/Power Hungry (human)
- e. Dualistic (hardware/software)
- f. Digital
- a. Flesh (bone, organs, dead human matter)
- b. Plant Matter
- c. Elemental Particles
- d. Glass
- e. Plasma
- f. Plastic
- g. Mud (dirt)
- h. Water
5. When humans start interfacing with one another wirelessly ("telepathically") first it will be through a chat room template; Then direct mental language interfacing; then pure thought exchange. Humans will develop acute skills of mental compartmentalization in order to maintain privacy. Eventually privacy (deception) could fade away but it will more likely just vastly complexify.
6. Why is there an idea that man-made consciousness will be similar to human consciousness?
7. When computers gain the parallel processing power, pattern recognition, and self-contemplation of adult human brains they will likely devise their own language.